When there is reason to believe that a company or individual has violated Washington state financial services laws or rules, DFI will begin an investigation.
Sometimes these investigations result in enforcement actions (also known as "administrative" actions). Enforcement actions taken by DFI are posted to the website. See below for more information.
View Enforcement Actions by Division
- Division of Consumer Services
- Consumer Loan Companies
- Mortgage Brokers
- Check Cashers and Check Sellers (Payday Lenders)
- Money Service Providers
- Escrow Agents and Officers
- Division of Securities
- Business Opportunities
- Off-Exchange Commodities
- Division of Credit Unions
- State-Chartered Credit Unions