If you experience issues with a financial institution regulated by DFI, you can file a complaint with us. We will investigate the complaint and work with you and the financial institution to resolve it if possible.

Select the type of financial institution below to begin filing a complaint.

Other Types of Complaints

If you have a complaint or need information about a financial institution not regulated by DFI, contact the appropriate agency listed below.

Credit Card Companies:
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

Federally Chartered Banks:
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)

Federally Chartered Credit Unions:
National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)

Real Estate Complaints (Real Estate Agents, Appraisers):
Washington State Department of Licensing

Insurance Complaints (Auto, Home, Life, Business):
Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner

Construction Service Complaints (Contractor, Plumber, Electrician):
Washington State Department of Labor and Industries

Internet Business Complaints (Fraud, Privacy, Security):

General Business Complaints:
Washington State Office of the Attorney General
Better Business Bureau
Federal Trade Commission