Money Transmitters and Currency Exchangers must upload their Authorized Delegates into the NMLS system.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often must I report my Authorized Delegates/Agents changes, additions, or deletions?
The time frame for reporting Authorized Delegates/Agents is within 30 days of any additions, deletions, or changes.
Are there any exceptions to the requirement to report changes to my Authorized Delegates/Agents within 30 days?
Yes. You must receive prior approval to add authorized delegates not physically located in the state of Washington. Please email our chief of licensing to request approval.
How do I upload my Authorized Delegates into NMLS?
- Download the NMLS Authorized Agent Upload File Template
- Upload your Agent file into NMLS
Can I download my Authorized Delegate/Agent List?
NMLS does have the capability which allows companies to download their current list of authorized agents/delegates. Instructions on how to download.
What are the fees that my company will be charged?
- There is a $100 fee for each authorized delegate/agent at time of application.
- There is a $50 fee for adding and amending authorized delegates/agents once a company is licensed.
- There is no fee for the removal of authorized delegates/agents.
- For list of all fees associated with a Money Transmitter license in Washington see the complete fee schedule for all money transmitter submission.
How will I pay the fees?
Fees for authorized delegates/agents submitted at time of application will be invoiced through NMLS sometime during the application review process
Fees for updates will be invoiced through NMLS soon after reporting.