Housing Counseling

Housing counseling is available to Washington state residents.

If you would like to talk to a housing counselor, call the Washington Homeownership Hotline at 1.877.894.HOME.

Additional Resources

Helpful resources for Washington homeowners.

  • Washington Homeownership Assistance Fund
    The Washington State Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) provides individual support and federal relief funds—up to $60,000 per household—to qualified Washington homeowners behind on their mortgage due to pandemic hardship.
  • Washington Foreclosure Prevention Guide
    The Seattle-King County Asset Building Coalition's Washington Foreclosure Prevention Resource Guide is a great resource for homeowners to learn more about the foreclosure process.
  • HUD-Approved Housing Counselors
    The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-approved housing counselors can discuss options with you if you are having trouble paying your mortgage loan or reverse mortgage loan.