Companies and individuals offering loan modification services to Washington residents involving their Washington real property must be licensed under the Mortgage Broker Practices Act (MBPA), chapter 19.146 RCW, or Consumer Loan Act (CLA), chapter 31.04 RCW, unless otherwise exempt under the language of those Acts.

Short Sale Guidance

Licensing & Laws for Loan Modification Service Providers