File a Mortgage, Consumer Loan, or Student Education Loan Complaint

Includes complaints for: Mortgage Brokers, Mortgage Loan Originators, Loan Modification Services, and Student Education Loans.

How Do I Submit A Complaint?

First, attempt to resolve the dispute with the individual or company. We have found that complaints can normally be resolved if the consumer contacts the company directly. If you have not already done so, please contact the office manager and attempt to resolve the problem.

If direct contact is unsuccessful, or you are dissatisfied with the results, you may file a complaint with DFI's Division of Consumer Services using one of the two methods below.

  1. File A Complaint Online
    File a complaint by filling out our online complaint form.
  2. File A Complaint Via Mail or Fax
    Print out our complaint form and mail it or fax it to us.
  3. File A Payday Loan Complaint
    For payday loan complaints.

Video and FAQs

Contact Us

Phone: (360) 902-8703 or 1-877-RING DFI (1-877-746-4334)