Date Posted: 
Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Alert number: CA055381_9/28/22(9/23)

The State of Washington Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) has received a complaint from a Washington consumer against Zemax Capital Funding, LLC. The consumer reported that Zemax Capital Funding, LLC was advertising itself as a “Licensed private loan company” and that they “offer all types of loan services,” including “Crowdfunding, Direct loans and Mortgage.”

Zemax Capital Funding, LLC on its website [] claims that their physical address is 10230 NE Points Dr Ste 500 Kirkland​, WA, 98033. The website also identifies Kevin Kruger as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company. The alleged Washington address belongs to ANSYS, Inc. (“Ansys”) who is the parent company of Zemax, LLC (not Zemax Capital Funding LLC). Neither Ansys nor Zemax LLC has any affiliation with or knowledge of Zemax Capital Funding LLC or its purported CEO, Kevin Kruger.

It appears that Zemax Capital Funding LLC may be operating as an unlicensed lender. Zemax Capital Funding ,LLC is not licensed by the DFI and is not registered to conduct business in Washington State by the Department of Licensing, the Department of Revenue, or the Secretary of State.  

DFI warns Washington consumers that before doing business with a financial services provider the consumer should:

  • Make sure that the entity is lawfully entitled to conduct business in Washington.  Consumers can use the “Verify a License” feature on DFI’s website at to check whether a payday or consumer loan company is licensed to conduct business in the state of Washington.
  • Not provide any personal information, such as social security number or bank account number or access if the company is not licensed or authorized to conduct business.

Please note that Zemax Capital Funding LLC should not be confused with the following company licensed to conduct business in the State of Washington through the Secretary of State, Department of Revenue, and/or Department of Licensing.

Zemax, LLC
10230 NE Points Dr Ste 500 Kirkland, WA, 98033

Important Information for Washington Consumers About Unlicensed Lenders

Washington residents only: If you suspect unlicensed activity by a payday lender or consumer loan company, please contact the Department at 1-877-RING-DFI (746-4334), or online at  Even if the activity involves a loan you obtained over the internet, a license is generally still required.  If a collection agency is attempting to collect a debt from you, check that the company is licensed by the state of Washington Department of Licensing.

Important Information for All Consumers

If you received a loan from a lender and someone else is now attempting to collect the loan, the collection activity may be subject to the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).  If you are contacted by a third party claiming you owe a debt, you can request a “written validation notice,” which must provide the amount of the debt, the name of the creditor you owe, and your rights under the FDCPA.  If you have questions regarding federal debt collection laws you can contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at 1-877-FTC-HELP or online at

If you feel you have been the victim of a scam you can contact the FTC at 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357) or online at; or the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) at 1-855-411-CFPB (2372) or online at

If the scammers already have your bank account information, social security number, or other personal information, you may be a victim of identity theft.  You can contact your bank and the three major credit bureaus to take appropriate precautions. The FTC has information for victims of identity theft online at

If you feel you have been the victim of a scam involving the internet you can contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center online at

If you feel you have been the victim of a financial scam and are concerned about your personal financial information, you can contact your banking institution and the three major credit bureaus. Procedures for contacting the credit bureaus are available on the FTC’s website at

If you live in another state, go to this webpage to find the regulator in your home state.