Money Services Industry Update
|License Types||As of November 2020||As of November 2019|
|Money Transmitter - Main||216||201|
|Money Transmitter - Authorized Delegates||9,638||10,416|
|Currency Exchanger - Main||8||8|
|Currency Exchanger - Authorized Delegates||4||4|
NMLS Annual Attestation
The start of November means it is time to get ready to complete the annual attestation for your Washington license. Account administrators for licensees already received emails about what NMLS calls the “annual renewal period.” Because the Money Transmitter and Currency Exchanger licenses are perpetual, the license does not renew, but licensees must attest to the accuracy of their NMLS record and pay the annual NMLS system fee. Here are some specific details:
- Complete the annual attestation between November 1 and December 31 each year.
- NMLS System Fees are $100 for the main office.
- The following steps should be done now to prepare for the annual attestation:
- Log into NMLS to review and clear all license items
- Review the company record for accuracy as the attestation is a legal certification that the record is accurate.