DFI provides grant funding to organizations providing financial education to Washington residents. To learn more, please sign up for our financial education grant notifications.
Forms and Information
- 2020 Financial Education Grant Application
- Financial Education Grant Program Manual
- Grant Agreement Template
2020 Financial Education Grant Timeline
- Jan. 2, 2020 – Entering Applications. DFI strongly encourages applicants to start the grant application early.
- Feb. 28, 2020 – Pre-Applications Due. Potential applicants may submit their Grant Program application materials to DFI for preliminary review; however, this is not mandatory. DFI will review the draft application materials and provide preliminary feedback on the proposal. DFI accepts proposals and draft applications via email (2020_Gr.email@example.com) to our Box folder for the Grant Program pre-application review. Submitting a pre-application is not required and does not affect the Grant Review Committee’s evaluation or scoring of your final application. This process is for clarification and streamlining the final application process.
- March 16, 2020 – Pre-Applications Returned. DFI returns draft pre-application materials to applicants along with any preliminary feedback.
- March 31, 2020 – Final Applications Submission Deadline. DFI will only accept Grant Program applications that are complete and received by the submission deadline via email (2020_Gr.firstname.lastname@example.org) to our Box folder. Delinquent or incomplete submissions will not be considered for grant award.
April 2020 – Proposal Evaluation. In order to be considered for a grant award, you must submit a complete grant application before the due date. This final submitted application is the application the Grant Review Committee will consider in evaluating your proposal. For example, any pre-application submittal or materials provided outside the formal application process will not be considered. Submission of complete, eligible applications does not guarantee funding. There are regularly more applications submitted than funding allocated for grants each year.
- May 4, 2020 – Applicant Notification. DFI finalizes grant awards. All applicants will be notified of the status of their application via the email address provided in their application.
- May – June 2020 – Finalize Grant Agreements. DFI prepares the Grant Agreements and delivers to the applicant. Applicants sign and return the agreements along with any required documents. Grant Agreements must be signed by both parties to be valid. Each Grant Agreement will be written and monitored for compliance by DFI and will be assigned a unique number. It will look something like this: 102-21-123.
- July 2020 – Program Commencement. Work under the approved program may begin on the start date listed in the Grant Agreement.
Sign Up for Financial Education Grant Notifications
Enter your email address to sign up to receive financial education grant notifications from DFI.