Division of Consumer Services
The mission of the Division of Consumer Services is to protect consumers from illegal and fraudulent lending practices. The division accomplishes its mission through licensing, conducting examinations of the books and records of licensees, investigating consumer complaints, and enforcing selected state and federal statutes and rules relating to financial services.
Updates from the Division of Consumer Services
Fall 2014 Newsletter
The Division of Consumer Services Fall 2014 newsletter is now available.
Windows XP Upgrade Warning
On April 8, 2014, Windows XP will reach the end of its support lifecycle and will no longer be supported. After April 8, 2014, Washington State Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) will consider all devices connected to the Internet running Windows XP a serious security risk. Devices include: PCs, Laptops, and Tablet PCs.
- More News And Updates...
-- Current Rulemaking Activity
-- Sign Up To Receive E-Mail Updates From DFI's ListServs
Who We License
The Division of Consumer Services licenses the following financial institutions:
Verify A License
Verify that you are working with an institution licensed by DFI.
File A Complaint
File a complaint against an institution licensed by the Division of Consumer Services.
Foreclosure & Homeownership Counseling
Counseling is available to Washington residents who are facing foreclosure, thinking of buying a home, or considering refinancing.
- Fall 2014 Division Newsletter
- Summer 2014 Division Newsletter
- Spring 2014 Division Newsletter
- Winter 2014 Division Newsletter
- Summer 2013 Division Newsletter
- Spring 2013 Division Newsletter
- Winter 2013 Division Newsletter
- Fall 2012 Division Newsletter
- Spring 2012 Division Newsletter
- Winter 2012 Division Newsletter
- Fall 2011 Division Newsletter
- Summer 2011 Division Newsletter
- Spring 2011 Division Newsletter
Department of Financial Institutions
Consumer Services Division
PO Box 41200
Olympia, WA 98504-1200
Main Telephone Line: (360) 902-8703
Toll Free: (877) RING DFI (746-4334)
TDD: (360) 664-8126
Please also see our staff directory.
* This document is a PDF file, and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it. If you don't already have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you may download it for free from Adobe.