DFI has filed a CR-101 to propose amendments to the rules implementing the law. The rule amendment proposals will implement changes to the law and provide guidance to the industry. Some technical amendments will be proposed as well. You can review the changes to the law via Substitute Senate Bill 5031.
To stay informed about this rulemaking, sign up for our GovDelivery notification system.
This is the agency’s notice of adoption of the amended rules.
- Adopted Rules
This is the rule language that becomes effective August 1, 2018.
- Concise Explanatory Statement
This document summarizes the comments received on the rulemaking and the agency’s response to the comments after consideration. The comments can be seen in their entirety in the Comments Received section below.
- Attachment 2 to Concise Explanatory Statement
Summary of written comments received by DFI during the rulemaking process, and DFI’s responses to the comments.
- Draft of Rules for May 2, 2018 Meeting
Please note: There have been no changes to the Draft Proposed Amendments in the document immediately below. The agency is continuing to review the comments received and does anticipate changes for further consideration before adoption. Please see the industry call and public hearing information above.
- Draft of Proposed Amendments
Audio from Rulemaking Hearings
- Comments from First Data dated May 25, 2018
- Comments from Money Services Round Table dated May 18, 2018
- Comments from the Surety & Fidelity Association of America dated May 17, 2018
- Comments from Electronic Transactions Association dated May 14, 2018
- Comments from Jeanne Millis dated May 02, 2018
- Comments from the Money Services Round Table dated April 18, 2018
- Comments from Electronic Transactions Association dated March 30, 2018
- Comments from Mastercard dated March 16, 2018
- Comments from Mark Hutto dated March 08, 2018
Submitting Rulemaking Comments
Throughout the rulemaking you can provide comments in any of the following methods:
Contact: Sara Rietcheck
Division of Consumer Services
P.O. Box 41200
Olympia, WA 98504-1200.
Phone: (360) 902-8793
By signing up for our GovDelivery service you will receive email containing information or links to information on DFI’s web site about industry newsletters, annual assessments, rulemaking documents including notices of comment periods and hearing dates, licensing information, interpretive and policy statements and other important industry information.
If you wish to receive paper copies of rulemaking documents you must contact Sara Rietcheck at 360-902-8793 and ask to be added to a paper copy mailing list.