Fall 2022 updates for check cashers/sellers and payday lenders.
|License Types||As of October 2022||As of October 2021|
|Check Casher – Main Office||89||87|
|Check Casher- Branch Office||224||237|
|Payday – Main Office||15||16|
|Payday – Branch Office||28||38|
NMLS Annual Attestation
With the start of November, it’s time to complete the annual attestation and pay the annual NMLS system fees for your Washington license. Account administrators for licensees already received emails about what NMLS calls the “annual renewal period.” Because the Check Casher and Check Casher with Small Loan Endorsement licenses are perpetual, the license does not require renewal but licensees must attest to the accuracy of their NMLS record and pay the annual NMLS system fee. Here are some specific details:
- Complete the annual attestation and submit your NMLS system fees between November 1 and December 31 each year.
- If you need assistance logging into your company NMLS record, contact the NMLS Call Center at 855-665-7123.
- NMLS System Fees are $100 for a main office and $20 for each branch license.
- The following steps should be done now to prepare for the annual attestation:
- Make sure you can log into your company NMLS record. Please note: the NMLS Call Center will be very busy starting November 1 so making sure you can access NMLS before November 1 is strongly encouraged.
- When in NMLS, review and clear all license items.
- Review company and branch records for accuracy as the attestation is a legal certification that the record is accurate.
- The NMLS annual attestation does not replace your annual assessment that is due by April 15.
- If you do not want to maintain your license, you must request surrender through NMLS and provide the Department with the required closure documents.
Check Casher Closure or Check Casher with Small Loan Endorsement Closure