Older citizens face many financial challenges as they age. Besides focusing on making your money last through the later years, you need to be aware of those looking to take advantage of you and your hard earned money.
Making Money Last Through Retirement
- Tips On How To Make Your Money Last Throughout Retirement
Tips on how to make your money last through retirement.
Homes and Mortgages
- Reverse Mortgages
How reverse mortgages work and things to keep in mind.
- Home Equity Lines of Credit
Information from Federal Trade Commission.
- How Annuities Work
Information from the Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner.
Elder Financial Abuse
- Beware Of Elder Financial Abuse
How to spot, report, and prevent elder financial abuse.
- Guide for Seniors: Protecting Yourself Against Investment Fraud
Information from Investor.gov
- Fighting Fraud 101
Information from SaveandInvest.org
- Tips On How To Protect Your Nest Egg
Information from ServeOurSeniors.org
Estate, Long Term Care Planning
- AARP Long Term Care Planning
Tips from AARP on how to plan for long time care.
- Estate Planning/Will Transfer
Information from WashingtonLawHelp regarding estate planning and wills.
- Guide: Managing Someone Else's Money
Guide for financial caregivers from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Helpful Organizations and Websites
- AARP Money
Money tips and information from AARP.
- Serve Our Seniors
Information and resources for preventing elder financial abuse.
- Eldercare Locator
Find help and assistance in your community.
- Social Security
The official website of the Social Security Administration.
- Securities and Exchange Commission - Information for Seniors
Investment information from the Securities and Exchange Commission.