Date Posted: 
Monday, June 4, 2018

Alert Number: CA048673_6/1/18(6/19)

Company also doing business as:

  • RapitalCapital
  • Dash of Cash
  • Uncle Warbucks
  • SpeedyLoan Network

The State of Washington Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) has received a complaint from a Washington consumer against MoneyMessiah. The Washington consumer reported that MoneyMessiah made an online loan to the consumer and is now charging excess fees and interest through a third party bill collector. These facts have been alleged by the consumer, and have not been verified with the Department.

It appears that MoneyMessiah may be operating as an unlicensed online lender. It also appears that the consumer did receive the loan, but has encountered payment and fees issues.

MoneyMessiah, RapitalCapital, Dash of Cash, Uncle Warbucks, and the SpeedyLoan Network are associated with the following contact information:



Phone numbers:

  • 855*877*3405
  • 888*593*3256
  • 855*877*8150
  • 888*908*1041
  • 844*810*2274
  • 888*586*6871
  • 855*885*4027
  • 888*713*4146




  • 40 E. Main St. Suite 508 (M, R, D, U), Newark, DE 19711
  • P.O. Box 1469, Kahnawake, Quebec J0L 1B0, Canada


  • John Morris

MoneyMessiah is not licensed by the DFI and is not registered to conduct business in Washington State by the Department of Licensing, the Department of Revenue, or the Secretary of State.

DFI warns Washington consumers that before doing business with a financial service provider the consumer should:

  • Make sure that the entity is licensed. Consumers can use the “Verify a License” feature on DFI’s website at to check whether a payday or consumer loan company is licensed to conduct business in the state of Washington.
  • Not provide any personal information, such as social security number or bank account number or access if the company is not licensed or authorized to conduct business.

Important Information for Washington Consumers About Unlicensed Lenders

Washington State residents are informed that Washington State law provides in RCW 31.04.035 that fees or interest charged in the making of a nonresidential loan by an unlicensed lender must be refunded to the borrower. For a residential mortgage loan, an unlicensed lender must refund any non-third-party fees charged in connection with the origination (excluding interest charges).

Washington residents only: If you suspect unlicensed activity by a payday lender or consumer loan company, please contact the Department at 1-877-RING-DFI (746-4334), or online at Even if the activity involves a loan you obtained over the internet, a license is generally still required. If a collection agency is attempting to collect a debt from you, check that the company is licensed by the state of Washington Department of Licensing.

Important Information for All Consumers

  • If you received a loan from a lender and someone else is now attempting to collect the loan, collection activity may be subject to the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). If you are contacted by a third party claiming you owe a debt, you can request a “written validation notice,” which must provide the amount of the debt, the name of the creditor you owe, and your rights under the FDCPA. If you have questions regarding federal debt collection laws you can contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at 1-877-FTC-HELP or online at
  • If you feel you have been the victim of a scam you can contact the FTC at 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357) or online at; or the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) at 1-855-411-CFPB (2372) or online at
  • If the scammers already have your bank account information, social security number, or other personal information, you may be a victim of identity theft. You can contact your bank and the three major credit bureaus take appropriate precautions. The FTC has information for victims of identity theft online at
  • If you feel you have been the victim of a scam involving the internet you can contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center online at
  • If you feel you have been the victim of a financial scam and are concerned about your personal financial information, you can contact your banking institution and the three major credit bureaus. Procedures for contacting the credit bureaus are available on the FTC’s website at
  • If you live in another state, go to this webpage to find the regulator in your home state.