The Money Transmitter and Currency Exchange Online E-Commerce Authorized Delegate system gives Money Transmitters and Currency Exchangers a new way to report their authorized delegate additions, deletions, changes, and allows them to submit payment electronically. DFI’s authorized delegate system is for all Money Transmitter and Currency Exchange licensees.
DFI requires the use of the DFI Online E-Commerce system for all companies that have 10 or more authorized delegates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often must I report my Authorized Delegates/Agents?
The time frame for reporting Authorized Delegates/Agents remains the same which is within 45 days after the end of each fiscal quarter.
How do I upload my Authorized Delegates into NMLS?
- Download the NMLS Authorized Agent Upload File Template
- Upload your Agent file into NMLS
Do I still need to submit a quarterly report?
You will be required to do one of the following:
- either update your company’s list of authorized delegates within 45 days of the end of each quarter
- or attest that your company has no changes to report within 45 days of the end of each quarter
Can I download my Authorized Delegate/Agent List?
NMLS does have the capability which allows companies to download their current list of authorized agents/delegates. Instructions on how to download.
What are the fees that my company will be charged?
- There is a $100 fee for each authorized delegate/agent at time of application.
- There is a $50 fee for adding and amending authorized delegates/agents once a company is licensed.
- There is no fee for the removal of authorized delegates/agents.
- For list of all fees associated with a Money Transmitter license in Washington see the complete fee schedule for all money transmitter submission.
How will I pay the fees?
Fees for authorized delegates/agents submitted at time of application will be invoiced through NMLS sometime during the application review process
Fees for Quarterly updates will be invoiced through NMLS soon after the end of the 45 day time frame for reporting.