Older citizens face many financial challenges as they age. Besides focusing on making your money last through the later years, you need to be aware of those looking to take advantage of you and your hard earned money.
Information for Seniors
- Reverse Mortgages
Information for those considering a reverse mortgage.
- Tips for the Older Investor
Tips for making your money last.
- Annuities (Office of the Insurance Commissioner)
What you need to know about annuities.
- ServeOurSeniors.Org (NASAA)
Investor resources for seniors, caregivers, and industry.
- Securities and Exchange Commission - Information for Seniors
Resources and information from the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Estate, Long Term Care Planning
- AARP Long Term Care Planning
Tips from AARP on how to plan for long time care.
- Estate Planning/Will Transfer
Information from WashingtonLawHelp regarding estate planning and wills.
- Guide: Managing Someone Else's Money (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)
Guide for financial caregivers.
Avoiding Fraud Resources
- Social Security: Protecting Your Investment
Tips from the Social Security Administration on how to protect your investment.
- 10 Tips to Protect Your Nest Egg (NASAA)
Tips from the North American Securities Administrators Association.
- NASAA Guide for Developing Practices and Procedures for Protecting Seniors from Financial Exploitation
Helpful resource guide from the North American Securities Administrators Association.
Elder Investment Fraud and Financial Exploitation Prevention Program
The Elder Investment Fraud and Financial Exploitation Prevention Program (EIFFE) educates professionals who work with older Americans to recognize when their older clients may be vulnerable to or victims of financial abuse.