Washington State Division of Credit Unions
The Division of Credit Unions regulates state-chartered credit unions licensed to operate in Washington. The division also processes consumer complaints for credit union customers. More about the Division of Credit Unions.
Credit Union Industry News
Quarterly Asset Assessment Worksheet
4th quarter 2014. ACH debit will be originated on October 23, 2014.
Download Asset Assessment Sheet (Excel)***
- Fed, FDIC, NCUA and Comptroller Joint Response to Gov. Inslee on Banking Marijuana
Linked below is a letter to Governor Inslee from the federal financial institution agencies dated August 13, 2014 stating their instructions to their examiners regarding a financial institution's Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) obligations when providing financial services to marijuana-related businesses.
Letter To Governor Inslee Regarding Marijuana Related Businesses (PDF)*
- Letter to Credit Unions Regarding Washington Wildfire Assistance
DFI encourages credit unions to work with customers impacted by the Washington wildfires.
DFI's Wildfire Letter (PDF)*
- Interpretive Letter: Charitable Donation Accounts
The Division of Credit Unions clarifies whether a credit union may invest its funds into a charitable donation account.
Interpretive Letter (PDF)*
- Director's Interpretive Statement: Use of the Terms “Banking,” “Bank,” and “Banker” by State-Chartered Credit Unions
The Director of the Department of Financial Institutions has issued an interpretive statement regarding the use of the terms "banking", "bank", and "banker" by state-chartered credit unions.
Interpretive Statement (PDF)*
- Consumer Compliance Exam Manual
The Division of Credit Unions recently published a consumer compliance exam manual. See the link below for more details.
Consumer Compliance Exam Manual
Bulletin: Consumer Compliance Exam Manual Published (PDF)*
Credit Union Consumer News
How To Access Credit Union Financial Reports
Curious about credit union financial statements? The public has access to credit union 5300 Call Reports. See our how to on accessing 5300 call reports.
How to Access Credit Union Call Reports
NCUA Permanently Increases Insurance Coverage To $250,000
On July 21, 2010, President Barack Obama signed into law the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Included in this sweeping legislation are provisions making permanent the current $250,000 maximum federal deposit insurance.
Share Insurance Information
- Spotting Financial Exploitation: Training for Employees of Financial Institutions
- National Credit Union Administration
- The National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors (NASCUS)
- Box Upload Procedures (PDF)*
- More Resources
For general inquiries regarding Credit Unions, please email email@example.com or call (360) 902-8701.
Department of Financial Institutions
Division of Credit Unions
PO Box 41200
Olympia, WA 98504-1200
Physical Address (for deliveries or visitors):
150 Israel Rd SW
Tumwater WA 98501
(See MAP for directions)
Toll Free: 1-877-RING DFI (746-4334)
Staff Directory: Division of Credit Unions Staff.
File A Complaint: Online Complaint Form
* This document is a PDF file, and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it. If you don't already have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you may download it for free from Adobe.
** This document is a Microsoft Word file, and you will need Microsoft Word to view it. If you do not have Microsoft Word installed on your machine, you can download the free Microsoft Word Viewer.
*** This document is a Microsoft Excel file, and you will need Microsoft Excel or Excel Viewer to open it. If you don't have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer, you may download the Excel Viewer for free from Microsoft.