Are You Electronically Filing Your BSA Reports?
DFI wants to remind you that Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) reports need to be filed electronically.
On February 23, 2012, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN)
issued a Final Notice requiring the electronic filing of most reports by July 1, 2012.
Mandated Electronic Filing Facts
- Electronic filing of most BSA reports became mandatory on July 1, 2012;
- Institutions currently filing BSA reports in paper format are out of compliance with FinCENís reporting requirements and may be subject to civil money penalties;
- There are also new FinCEN report formats that are only available through E-Filing and must be used beginning April 1, 2013. We encourage you to begin to adopt the new report formats as soon as possible.
Electronic Filing Through the BSA E-Filing System Includes:
- Suspicious Activity Reports
- Currency Transaction Reports
- Registrations of MSBs
For More Information
For more information about BSA E-Filing, which is a free service, please review the E-Filing Section on FinCENís website.
For general questions relating to the requirement to file electronically please contact FinCENís Regulatory Helpline at 1-800-949-2732.
For technology-related questions specific to E-Filing, please call the BSA E-Filing Help desk at 1-866-346-9478.