Designated Broker Licensing Test
Individuals seeking to become a Designated Broker (DB) in Washington must pass the Washington Designated Broker Test administered by PearsonVue. If the individual also wishes to originate loans, in addition to being DB for a company, he/she must apply for the MLO license and meet those license requirements. See MLO Licensing for more information.
How To Register For The Test
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How do I register to take the test?
Please follow the instructions in the Candidate Handbook (PDF)* from PearsonVue.
2) What will be covered in the test?
Study for the test based on the continuing education topics as described in WAC 208-660-600(23).
3) Can I change my test date?
You should call PearsonVUE forty-eight (48) hours before the test to change or cancel a reservation.
Candidates who change or cancel a reservation with proper notice may transfer the fee to a new reservation, or may request a refund.
4) How long after taking the test will I receive my results?
When you complete the test, you will receive a score report marked "pass" or "fail."
* This document is a PDF file, and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it. If you don't already have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you may download it for free from Adobe.