US Loan Servicing LLC
Possible Advance Fee Scam
March 30, 2012
US Loan Servicing LLC may be conducting an advance fee loan scam. They do not have a listed address but are representing themselves as operating in Seattle, WA.
US Loan Servicing LLC has listed a telephone number of (206) 317-1741. This number will reach individuals representing themselves as working for US Loan Servicing LLC.
US Loan Servicing LLC may try to pass themselves off as a legitimate company, US Loan Servicing, a loan servicer operating in Las Vegas, Nevada. US Loan Servicing LLC is not affiliated in any way with US Loan Servicing.
Neither the Washington State Department of Revenue nor the Office of the Secretary of State shows that US Loan Servicing LLC is authorized to do business in Washington. The company is not licensed by the Department of Financial Institutions.
How the Potential Scam Works
- US Loan Servicing LLC advertises loans on their website, www.USloanservicingllc.com
- Consumers apply for a loan
- Consumers are advised that they have been approved for a loan and must send money to US Loan Servicing LLC as “first payment” for the loan and that after funds are received US Loan Servicing LLC will provide the loan
- Once a consumer sends the money, no loan is provided. The consumer is told that an additional payment must be made for “international taxes”
- US Loan Servicing LLC may continue collecting miscellaneous fees but will not provide a loan
- No loan is ever received
If you feel you have been a victim of a potential advance fee loan scam, please contact the Federal Trade Commission at 382-4357 (1-877-FTC HELP), or online at www.ftc.gov. Also, victims should report their experiences to the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov.