Skye Financial Loan Co.
May 28, 2009
The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) is warning consumers to verify the license of any lending professional they are considering doing business with to avoid becoming victims of potential scams.
Skye Financial Loan Co. may be conducting a loan scam.
Skye Financial Loan Co. has advertised using unsolicited email. They have listed an address of:
2011 Bainbridge Ave.
Bronx, NY, USA
This does not appear to be a valid address. Neither the Washington State Department of Revenue nor the Office of the Secretary of State shows that Skye Financial Loan Co. is authorized to do business in Washington. The company is not licensed by the Department of Financial Institutions. Skye Financial Loan Co. does not appear to have a physical presence in the United States.
How The Potential Scam Works
- “Skye Financial Loan Co.” advertises offering loans
- Consumers calling the phone number provided by the company may be asked for their personal information
- Upon providing their information, consumers may be told that due to their credit they must either send money for a “deposit” for the loan
- Consumers may be directed to send funds by money gram and that once these funds are received Skye Financial loan Co. will provide the loan funds
- Once consumers send the money no loan is ever made.
If You Feel You're A Victim
If you feel you have been a victim of a potential advance fee loan scam, please contact the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC HELP (382-4357), or online at www.ftc.gov. Also, victims should report their experiences to the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov.