Rhonda Breard and Breard & Associates
Updates and Information
The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions has been receiving calls and complaints from customers of Rhonda Breard who have learned their broker dealer or insurance company has no record of brokerage accounts or annuities they thought they had purchased through Rhonda Breard and Breard & Associates.
Customers have told us stories similar to this:
- The customer made an investment or rolled over an investment by writing a check or endorsing a check to Breard & Associates rather than to the broker-dealer or insurance company that is supposed to provide the investment.
- The broker-dealer or insurance company has no record of the customer’s investment.
- It appears that the customer’s money was not transmitted to the broker-dealer or insurance company.
If You Feel You May Be a Victim
- Call all the companies you are supposed to have investments with to confirm that those companies have your account.
- If you have any accounts which cannot be verified, file a complaint with the Securities Division. If you would like to have a complaint form sent to you, call us at (360) 902-8760 or 1-877-RING DFI (1-877-746-4334).
- You may also wish to consult your own attorney about your situation.
News and Updates
(08/11/10) - Rhonda Breard Sentenced To Prison For Mail Fraud And For Stealing $12.1 Million From Investors
Rhonda Lee Breard was sentenced on August 11, 2010 to 80 months in prison and three years of supervised release for Mail Fraud.
(07/20/10) - DFI Enters Into A Consent Order With Rhonda Breard (PDF)*
On July 20, 2010, the DFI entered into a Consent Order with Rhonda Lee Breard.
(04/06/10) - DFI Issues Statement of Charges Against Rhonda Breard
DFI alleges Rhonda Breard is carried out a scheme to defraud her brokerage customers.
(04/06/10) - Rhonda Breard Pleads Guilty to Mail Fraud
On April 06, 2010 Rhonda Breard plead guilty to mail fraud, in connection with a scheme to defraud dozens of clients out of millions of dollars.
(03/10/10) - Rhonda Breard Charged with Mail Fraud
Federal prosecutors have charged Rhonda Breard with mail fraud.
Questions? Contact DFI
Washington residents with questions regarding the situation may contact DFI.
- Phone: 1-877-RING DFI (1-877-746-4334)
- E-mail: email@example.com
Members of the media should contact Lyn Peters or Suzanne Sarason.
Suzanne Sarason, Chief of Enforcement
(360) 902-8734 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lyn Peters, Director of Communications
(360) 902-8731 or email@example.com