Chesterfield Mortgage Investors
Updates and Information
The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) has obtained a Preliminary Injunction against Seattle-based Chesterfield Mortgage Investors, Inc. (CMI) for misusing investor funds. DFI has entered into a Consent Order with Chesterfield Mortgage and Charles Chesterfield in which they gave up their mortgage broker-dealer and securities salesperson registrations.
A receiver, Mel R. Codd, was appointed for Chesterfield Mortgage Investors. The receiver will take control of Chesterfield Mortgage Investors assets and disburse the funds and assets as appropriate.
Investors who have questions about the receivership or their investments may call Mel Codd at Chesterfield Mortgage Investors number: (206) 464-8770.
News and Updates
(09/30/10) - DFI Obtains Preliminary Injunction And Appointment Of Receiver
News release from DFI regarding a preliminary injunction obtained against Chesterfield Mortgage Investors on September 29, 2010. A receiver, Mel R. Codd, was also appointed to take control of Chesterfield's assets and disburse the funds and assets as appropriate.
(09/15/10) - DFI Obtains Temporary Restraining Order Against Chesterfield Mortgage Investors
News release from DFI regarding a temporary restraining order obtained against Chesterfield Mortgage Investors on September 10, 2010.
Documents from the Investigation
Documents from the Chesterfield Mortgage Investors case.
Restraining Order Documents
- Temporary Restraining Order (PDF)*
- Complaint for Temporary Restraining Order (PDF)*
- Order Modifying Temporary Restraining Order (PDF)*
- Motion To Modify Temporary Restraining Order (PDF)*
Declarations In Support Of Appointment Of Receiver
- Declaration By DFI Financial Examiner Bernadette McBride (PDF)* (5.73 MB)
- Declaration By DFI Attorney Janet So (PDF)* (7.19 MB)
Members of the media should contact Lyn Peters or Suzanne Sarason.
Suzanne Sarason, Chief of Enforcement
(360) 902-8734 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lyn Peters, Director of Communications
(360) 902-8731 or email@example.com
* This document is a PDF file, and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it. If you don't already have Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you may download it for free from Adobe.