Golden Valley Lending Inc. Not Licensed In Washington State

Date Posted: 
Monday, June 19, 2017

The State of Washington Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) has received a complaint from a Washington consumer against Golden Valley Lending, Inc. (Golden Valley). The consumer reported that Golden Valley provided the consumer with a loan, charged excessive fees on the loan, and refused to provide the consumer with a payment plan on the loan.

Golden Valley operates its website at []. Golden Valley lists its contact information as:

Golden Valley Lending
635 East Hwy 20, E
Upper Lake, California 95485
Customer Support: 855*214*8144
Fax Number: 855*214*9177
Email: []

It appears that Golden Valley may be operating as a tribal online lender not licensed in Washington State. Golden Valley claims to be owned and operated by the Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake located in California.

Golden Valley is not licensed by the DFI and is not registered to conduct business in Washington State by the Department of Licensing, the Department of Revenue, or the Secretary of State.

The DFI warns Washington consumers that before doing business with a financial service provider the consumer should:

  • Make sure that the entity is licensed. Consumers can use the “Verify a License” feature on DFI’s website at to check whether a payday or consumer loan company is licensed to conduct business in the State of Washington
  • Not provide any personal information, such as social security number or bank account number or access if the company is not licensed or authorized to conduct business.

Important Information For Consumers About Tribal Lenders Not Licensed In Washington State

Washington State residents are informed that Washington State law provides in RCW 31.04.035 that fees or interest charged in the making of a nonresidential loan by an unlicensed lender must be refunded to the borrower.

Washington residents only: If you suspect unlicensed activity by a consumer loan company, please contact the Department at 1-877-RING-DFI (746-4334), or online at Even if the activity involves a loan you obtained over the internet, a license is generally still required. If a collection agency is attempting to collect a debt from you, check that the company is licensed by the State of Washington Department of Licensing.

If You Live In Another State

Visit to find the regulator in your home state.