Ace Cash Services - Possible Loan Collection Scam

Date Posted: 
Tuesday, December 6, 2016

DFI has received complaints from Washington consumers who received threatening emails from entities claiming to be “Ace Cash Services,” “Ace Cash,” and “Ace Incorporation.” It appears that this activity is a loan collection scam.

A consumer reported receiving a threatening email related to Ace Cash Services regarding a delinquent loan. The email came from and contained what appeared to be a case file number and past due amount. The email included language stating that if there was no payment from the consumer, “serious allegations” including violation of federal banking regulation, check fraud, and theft by deception were to proceed. The email further included threats that the consumer’s employer would be contacted. The consumer reported never obtaining a loan with the entity.

Another consumer reported having received an email from Ace Cash indicating a Law and Investigation Department. The email contained the consumer’s social security number and routing number to a bank account. The email also stated that failure to settle the case would cause a court judgment against the consumer.

One consumer reported receiving an email from an individual claiming to represent Ace Incorporation, an alleged “parent company of ACE (Ace Cash Services).” The email stated that if the consumer did not pay on the alleged loan, legal action would proceed. The consumer reported never conducting business with any of these companies.

The following additional information was contained in the emails:

Rich LaLonde, “Account Manager”
Felipe Rivera


Email address:

  • []
  • []
  • []

Be Advised, "Ace Cash Services" and "Ace Cash" should not be confused with the following companies licensed through DFI or other Washington State Agencies


The Washington State Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) warns consumers that before doing business with a financial institution, company, or individual, they should make sure that the entity is properly licensed. Consumers are urged to verify licensing status prior to giving the financial institution, company, or individual any nonpublic personal information, such as social security number and checking account access.

Those perpetrating these scams are not licensed by DFI. This entity is not registered to conduct business in Washington State by the Department of Licensing, the Department of Revenue, or the Secretary of State.

Debt Collection Laws

If you received a loan from a lender or owed money to a business and someone other than the lender or business is now attempting to collect from you, the collection activity may be subject to the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). If you receive a communication from a party claiming that a debt is owed, you should request a “written validation notice,” which must include the amount of the debt, the name of the creditor you owe, and your rights under the FDCPA. If you have questions regarding debt collection laws, contact the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP, or online at

If someone threatens to garnish your wages, contact your employer, or uses threatening, intimidating, or offensive language, report such actions to state and federal regulators. See below for how to contact the appropriate state and federal regulator.

Report Suspicious Activity, Scams or Fraud

Washington State residents only: If you suspect illegal or fraudulent activity involving a financial product or service, please contact the Department at 1-877-RING-DFI (746-4334), or online at

If you feel you have been the victim of a scam please contact the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357) or online at; or contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (855) 411-CFPB (2372) or online at You may also wish to contact the Office of the Attorney general at

If you feel you have been the victim of a scam involving the internet please contact the Internet Crime Complaint Center online at

If you live in another state, go to this webpage to find the regulator in your home state.