While the Consumer Loan license is perpetual, licensees must complete an Annual Attestation in the NMLS each calendar year. An Annual Attestation consists of:
- Verifying your company’s NMLS record is accurate and
- Paying NMLS system fees
To complete an Annual Attestation, follow the “Annual Renewal” steps in the NMLS. This must be done between November 1 and December 31.
- Before You Attest
- Fees for Annual Attestation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Annual Attestation Resources
Before You Attest
Complete the steps below immediately to ensure renewal compliance.
- Log into NMLS to ensure you know your User Name and Password.
- Check for license items on your Washington license. Any unresolved license items will delay your attestation.
- File your Q3 Mortgage Call Report (MCR) in October. While the MCR filing deadline is mid-November, file as soon as possible to avoid any challenges.
- Review your NMLS record to ensure it is accurate. Make any necessary changes by creating and submitting new filing in NMLS. DFI takes this attestation seriously. Submitting incorrect information or omitting information may be grounds for enforcement action.
Fees for Annual Attestation
Below is a list of the fees to complete an Annual Attestation for a Consumer Loan Company. Payments by credit card are subject to an additional processing fee. ACH payments trigger an automatic system set license item that automatically clears on the sixth business day, unless there is an issue with the payment.
|Main Office Annual Attestation “renewal”||$100|
|Branch Office Annual Attestation “renewal”||$20 per location|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Washington’s deadline to submit a Consumer Loan License Annual Attestation?
Consumer Loan Licensees must submit an Annual Attestation, including payment of NMLS system fees by December 31.
What does it cost to complete an Annual Attestation for a Washington Consumer Loan License?
The cost to complete an Annual Attestation for a Consumer Loan Main Office License is $100. The cost to complete an Annual Attestation for a Consumer Loan Branch Office License is $20 per location. These fees are NMLS system fees.
How will I know that my Annual Attestation has been reviewed and accepted?
Log into your NMLS account and under the View License/Registration List in Composite View, you can see the “Current Renewal Status” towards the right side of the line listing your Washington Consumer Loan Company License. If this reads “Renewal Approved,” your attestation has been accepted by DFI.
Will I get a new license after my Annual Attestation is accepted?
No. You only get a new Consumer Loan Company License when you change the information contained on the license. This would be for Corporate Name, Trade Name or address changes.
I am no longer in business. If I do not complete my Annual Attestation will my license terminate?
No. Since the Consumer Loan Company License is perpetual, it is in effect until it is either proactively surrendered or is revoked by DFI. You must log into the NMLS and request surrender, filing the required paperwork directly with DFI.
Who can help if I forgot my password to the NMLS?
You can try the “Forgot Password” option on the NMLS login screen. Otherwise, contact the NMLS Call Center at 855-NMLS-123.
Annual Attestation Resources
The following is a list of resources available to help Consumer Loan Company Licensees complete their Annual Attestation.