List of Bank of Whitman Branch Closures and
On Friday, August 05, 2011, Bank of Whitman was closed by the Washington Department of Financial Institutions. Columbia Bank assumed all of the Bank of Whitman deposits.
While all depositor accounts are being transferred to Columbia Bank, the physical facilities of 12 of Bank of Whitman's 20 branches will close.
Residents and businesses previously served by these now closed branches who do not transact banking business electronically, through the mail, or over the Internet will need to travel to one of the remaining open eight branches now owned by Columbia Bank for in-person banking services.
Bank of Whitman Branch Closures and Nearest Bank
A list of the nearest branches, distance and travel times can be viewed below.
Distance to another bank
Other banks in town
Distance to closest Columbia branch
|Clarkston||Remain Open||Same town||US, Sterling, Twin River||Clarkston. Will remain open.|
|Colfax||Remain Open||Same town||US, Sterling, BofA, Chase, Amwest||Colfax. Will remain open.|
|Endicott||Will Close||15 miles to Colfax||None||20 miles to Colfax|
|Kennewick||Will Close||Same town||Multiple||Pasco. 4725 Road 68|
|LaCrosse||Will Close||24 miles to Colfax||None||29 miles to Colfax|
|Lind||Will Close||17 miles to Ritzville||None||18 miles to Ritzville|
|Mattawa||Will Close||27 miles to Royal City||None||41 miles to Othello|
|Othello||Remain Open||Same town||US, Sterling||Othello. Will remain open.|
|Pasco||Will Close||Same town||Multiple||Pasco. 4725 Road 68|
|Pomeroy||Will Close||Same town||US, Sterling||31 miles to Clarkston|
|Pullman||Remain Open||Same town||US, Chase, AmWest, BofA, Wells Fargo||Pullman. Will remain open.|
|Ritzville||Remain Open||Same town||US, Sterling, Wheatland||Ritzville. Will remain open.|
|Rosalia||Will Close||Same town||US, Bank of Fairfield||26 miles to Colfax|
|Royal City||Will Close||Same town||US||24 miles to Othello|
|Spokane: Wandermere||Remain Open||Same town||Multiple||Spokane. Will remain open.|
|Spokane: Downtown||Remain Open||Same town||Multiple||Spokane. Will remain open.|
|Spokane: Pacific NW Technology Park||Will Close||Same town||Multiple||Spokane. Other Spokane branches will remain open.|
|Walla Walla||Remain Open||Same town||US, AmWest, Banner, Sterling, Baker Boyer, Chase||Walla Walla. Will remain open.|
|Warden||Will Close||Same town||US||16 miles to Othello|
|Washtucna||Will Close||28 miles to Ritzville||None||29 miles to Ritzville|
To facilitate an orderly transaction and to provide information and support to the depositors in the closed branches, the FDIC’s Division of Resolutions and Receiverships (DRR) will take these additional steps:
- All customers will be notified their accounts have been transferred to Columbia State Bank.
- All closed branches of the Bank of Whitman will have notices posted that their deposits have been transferred to a branch of Columbia State Bank.
- FDIC representatives will be at all closed branches through the middle of next week.
- The FDIC will have a presence at the closed branches for at least 21 days for customers with safe deposit boxes to obtain the contents.
- The FDIC will make available Spanish speaking individuals to answer questions from Spanish speaking customers.
- The FDIC also intends to contact local merchants and inform them that checks drawn on Bank of Whitman are good.